Become a vital team member for a fast-growing MSP in our infrastructure and engineering department. BEAR Technologies has been recognized as one of the top MSP’s in the country and is looking for an Systems Administrator with a strong virtualization background to add to the team. You will be responsible for helping maintain and monitor multiple Cloud and on-premise environments using VMWare’s product line, as well as other infrastructure vendors used in our multi datacenter topology.
- The primary responsibility of a Systems Administrator is to provide reliable and effective support of complex IT systems to end users, whether internal employees or external customers. Activities range from managing identities and access to providing dedicated technical support to individual users on issues escalated from the Tier I team.
- Create and maintain dependable access and availability to IT systems by the way of regular patching and maintenance of both hardware and software.
- Document and maintain records of IT assets usage for use in troubleshooting and forecasting.
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate process strategies for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions.
- Monitor infrastructure systems and be able to provide improvement suggestions, such as upgrades based on evolving end-user and business requirements.
- Knowledge of systems interconnectivity including core networking concepts to aid in troubleshooting.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years’ experience and/or certifications in Azure, Microsoft Windows Server, Office 365 Administration and VMWare.
- Strong knowledge of Windows systems, virtualization, and Cloud/PaaS solutions.
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategies and plans.
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org